Nominate someone else
If you’ve received a fine but were not responsible for the offence, you can transfer the fine to the person who was at fault when:
- you were not driving the vehicle when the offence happened
- you sold the vehicle before the date of the offence.
You need to nominate another driver by the due date of the fine.
You can only use the online form to nominate a person who holds an Australian driver licence. There is a separate process if the vehicle is owned by a business.
To complete the online form you'll need the penalty notice and information about the person responsible for the incident:
- full name
- date of birth
- Australian driver licence number and the State it was issued in.
Complete the online form
Follow the steps below to:
You must make a reasonable effort to identify the person responsible for the offence.
If you provide false or misleading information you might receive additional fines and restrictions on your licence.
Request a refund
If you've already paid the fine before you have nominated another person:
- you must send the nomination within 90 days of the issue date to qualify for a refund and
- let us know you need a refund when you submit the online form.
What happens next?
You can login to myPenalty anytime to check the progress of your request.
- If your request is successful, a new penalty notice will be sent to the person you named.
- We may also need you to provide more supporting evidence in writing, in person or in court.
Online tool for businesses
Our online tool, Company eNominations makes it easy for businesses to transfer fines. To use it
- Register online and create an account
- Login to Company eNominations and follow the steps to submit driver details.
You can use our online system to:
- access a full list of penalties for action (from the date you registered for this service)
- receive email notifications as a reminder to check for new penalties and process them on time
- process multiple nominations
- nominate international drivers online
- check the status of any penalty received
- receive email confirmation of:
- nominations successfully submitted to us for processing
- other actions you may need to take
- liability being transferred.
Complete a statutory declaration
To nominate someone with an international driver licence:
- download, print and complete a statutory declaration form for an individual (PDF, 186 KB) or a company (PDF, 191 KB)
- declare and sign the form in the presence of an authorised witness – usually a Justice of the Peace, a lawyer or a notary public
- send the completed form to us at the address on the form.
You can visit a NSW Justices Association community desk at a location near you to declare and sign the form in the presence of a Justice of the Peace.
If you don’t know who was driving, you can login to myPenalty to see if photos were taken during the incident.
- If available, the photos may not provide a clear picture of the person responsible for the offence.
- You will need to contact us to explain why you are unable to identify the driver.
International driver licence holder
To nominate someone with an international driver licence, complete and submit a statutory declaration and include the following details for the nominated person
- full name
- date of birth
- driver licence number and the country it was issued in
- other details, such as passport number, employment records or rental agreements.
We’ll check these details against Australian Border Force records to make sure that person was in Australia at the time.