Helping vulnerable customers
If you’re an advocacy group looking to help a customer, we recommend you:
- encourage them to have an open and honest conversation with you about all of their fines
- call us on the advocacy hotline 1300 135 627 as quickly as possible so we can place a hold on any further action to recover their debts
- talk with us about the other options that might be available to your customer.
Options for vulnerable customers
If someone is vulnerable they may have the option to:
Not all options will be available in all cases.
Order our advocacy brochures
As an advocate you’ll also have access to brochures that:
- explain the possible options in simple language
- aim to get your customers talking about their fines and
- prompt people to take action.
Order brochures now
The WDO scheme
The Work and Development Order (WDO) scheme allows vulnerable customers to clear unpaid fines by completing activities or treatment.
You can assist your customers to complete any of the eligible activities or treatment programs when you become a WDO sponsor and are a:
- government agency
- not-for-profit organisation or
- health practitioner.